I discovered this recipe during my student days as I walked around my home area looking for something to eat. I was too hangovered to go look for a proper fast food and WAY too lazy to cook, so I entered a fish and chips shop and looked for the unhealthiest looking food. I ended up with this steak sandwich, over the years I started making my own the morning after a big night when I’m too lazy to go to go look for food. People always love it. I think the unhealthiness (bad English I know) of it all makes the hangover seem like its going away. My friend Mona thinks that fruit should never be cooked but I love the contrast of the sweetness of the pineapple and the hotness of the cayenne pepper. Enjoy.
- 2 pieces of fillet steak (about 150gms each)
- Bunch of coriander/ dhania
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- Butter or margarine
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of oil.
*Most of these ingredients depend on your taste. If you like onions puts as much as you like if not leave it out, same as all the other ingredients. I did not make mine with the egg as I am not a fun. But it’s great with the egg as well.
* If you do not have fillet steak you can use a normal cut of meat but pound it down with a meat hummer, pestle or rolling pin.
- Mix the oil, garlic, cayenne pepper, half of the dhania, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Put the meat in and mix well
- Butter the bread on both sides and toast it in a pan. Once one side is browned turn it and place the slice of cheese on the browned so that it can melt. Once all the bread is browned place aside on a plate.
- Place the steak on the pan and cook to you liking, about 2 mins on each side of medium done.
- As this is cooking, place the onions on one side of the same pan, and the mushrooms on another when they start to soften add the rest of the dhania and add a little salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Once the steak s is cooked to you liking remove from the pan and place on the already toasted bread on the side that has the cheese.
- Place the bacon on the pan.
- By now the onions and mushrooms are ready so take them out and place on top of the steak.
- Put the slices of pineapple on the pan and grill till it turns slightly brownish.
- Remove the bacon place on top of the onions and mushroom then top with the pineapple then the bread.
- Pour a LARGE glass of cold juice and enjoy.