First time I tried this recipe a few years ago I was very skeptical about having a 4 minute microwave pudding. I had never heard of a microwave cake let alone made one but I was pleasantly surprised. This pudding is very rich mainly because of the use if dark cooking chocolate. I LOVE IT, hope you do.
· 250g unsalted butter
· 1 cup caster sugar
· 4 eggs at room temperature
· 1 cup self-raising flour
· ½ cup cocoa powder
· 1/3 cup milk
· ½ cup finely chopped mixed dried fruit
· 200g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
· Custard to serve
1. Grease microwave safe bowls ( I used small ramekins and got 8 puddings, the size of the bowl will determine how many puddings you get but it will still serve 8)
2. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and ½ cup of sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each.
4. Mix the flour and cocoa into a different bowl and sift flour mixture over butter mixture.
5. Add the milk, dried fruit and chocolate. Stir with a wooded spoon until combined.
6. Spoon mixture into the bowls. Smooth surface
7. Microwave on high for four minutes for each bowl
8. Let to stand for a minute. Then drizzle over custard and serve at once.
NB: Microwave cakes tend to be slightly drier in texture than oven baked cakes. Make this pudding just before serving
– You could also add white chocolate bits