LEMON DHANIA RICE
I love quick fixes. Especially on days when I am DEAD BIT tired. I love it when I can get home from work and just put rice in the microwave let it cook, remove it and just a put a thing here and there and in a few seconds the rice is transformed. By now I am sure you all know of my love for all things dhania (coriander/cilantro) I think I could add dhania to tea if I could 🙂 I learned this recipe a couple of years back from a magazine. I do not remember the name of the magazine so I honestly do not know who to give credit to.
This is an easy way to spruce up rice for a sweet and spicy dish or just to eat. It is important to make this dish as soon as the rice cooks because of the melting of the butter and also if the rice stays the lemon tends to be soaked up by the rice so the flavour is not the same. HAPPY COOKING!
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- small yellow bell pepper diced
- About 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Salt to taste
1. Cook rice as you normally would.
2. As soon as it’s cooked put in the butter and stir to melt ensuring it is completely melted well distributed.
3. Add the lemon juice, bell pepper and dhania. Stir to combine
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately.
6. How easy is that!!!!
7. HAPPY EATING!!