Easy (one bowl) Chocolate cake
A few years back when I really frustrated I went home and decided to bake. I did not have many ingredients so I took what was available out of the pantry and decided to Google for some recipes for cake. I came across an easy chocolate cake and I really liked it. Truth be told that was also the day I begun to realize how therapeutic baking is. Well since then I have tried many other recipes all revolving around more or less the same ingredients but when I tried this one from All Recipes and I was in love. They have quite a number of them there but try this one first then the others. You will not be disappointed.
From the photos above you can tell that I was not able to get a picture of the whole cake. First time I made it I decided to share it with my friends so as to distribute the calories 🙂 by the time I thought that I should take a photo more than half the cake was gone. On the second Instance one of the friend I gave the cake to loved it so much that she asked me to make it for a bridal shower and I sliced it up before realizing I should have taken a photo! All in All photos or no photo this cake is great you will not be disappointed if you try it. HAPPY BAKING!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- HAPPY EATING!