Who does not love bacon????? I think that bacon is like a small piece of heaven that God gave us to make our lives more exciting. I think that bacon added to any dish adds an edge to the flavour of that particular food. When I saw this recipe I was quite excited and couldn’t wait to try it. Chicken, bacon and honey….. that should be a bigger piece of heaven. I had this with sweet chilli sauce and I was quite happy with the results. I got this recipe from Kayotic Kitchen but I substituted the coarse mustard for yellow mustard as that was what I had at the time. I think that this would be a great snack/appetizer to offer to guests. Hope you guys will like it too. Happy COOKING!
· 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
· 20 thin bacon slices
· 3 tbsp honey
· 2 tsp (coarse) mustard
· fresh lemon juice
· salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees
2. Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips. Not too thin.Sprinkle salt on them if you like
3. In a bowl and combine 3 tbsp honey with 2 tsp mustard.
4. Squeeze in about a tbsp or more of lemon juice
5. Wrap the bacon around the chicken strips.
6. Place them in a roasting tray or on a cookie sheet, brush them with half the marinade
7. Bake them in the oven for about 10-13 minutes then flip them, brush the other side with the remaining marinade and bake for a further 10-13 minutes
8. Serve when hot.
9. HAPPY EATING!!