This is one of my recipes from my 20 minute cook book. It’s a great recipe and sooo quick. The flavours in it are awesome. I love the sweetness of the pineapple mixed with the hotness of the chillies. It’s to die for. The original recipe asked for some stuff that I did not have access to like Tamarind juice (mkwaju juice) and Kafir lime leaves so I substituted the tamarind by mixing brown sugar and lime juice, then I substituted the Kafir lime leaves by using the zest of a lime instead. If you can get the original products then great. I had this with some steamed rice but I think it could work well with roti, nan or chapattis. HAPPY COOKING!
- 400ml coconut milk
- 10ml Thai red curry paste (available in most supermarkets)
- 400g pork loin steaks
- 15ml Thai fish sauce
- 5ml light brown sugar
- 15ml tamarind juice (I used about I tsp of dark brown sugar mixed with 15ml of lime juice instead)
- 2 kaffir leaves( I used 1 tsp of lime zest instead)
- ½ medium pineapple (I used canned coz its hard for me to get a good pineapples here)
- 1 fresh red chilli chopped.
- Pour coconut milk into a large cooking pot and let it boil.
- Cook the milk for about 6 minutes till it starts to separate. Stir frequently or it will stick to the base
- Remove some of the milk and place into a bowl. Mix in the red curry paste and return to pan. Stir until well mixed. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the sliced pork and stir in the fish sauce, sugar and tamarind juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes until all the sugar dissolves and pork is no longer pink
- Add the pineapple and kaffir leaves, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes till pork is cooked. Stir in the chillies. Serve.
- HAPPY EATING!