I love fries. Did I say I love them??? NO, I am IN LOVE with fries. When I was in high school I think I ate them every weekday for 3 years and maybe still on the weekend and I NEVER once got tired of them. When I was growing up my mother always said that I will one day grow up and stop eating them with so much vigor but either I am yet to grow up or she was wrong. Unfortunately though, as you grow up you begin to notice that fries (or chips as we like to call them) are really not that healthy!!! And after high school you realize that you can not eat the same way you did in high school and not add on some weight. Anyway a few years after high school and a couple of kilos up I decided to join a gym and get a trainer. This trainer decided that he will cut short my love affair with potatoes and I was so heart broken, a few months into training and I was allowed to eat some potatoes but still no fries, but he told me how to bake fries, I honestly did not even think that this was possible. I went home VERY skeptical about baked fries but at the end it was not that bad, with time I experimented with different spices and LOVED this one best so most nights when I feel like a steak and fries, I throw them both in the oven and save on a shit load of unwanted fats. HAPPY COOKING!!!
· 3 potatoes (sliced into chips)
· 1/2 tsp garlic (or regular) salt
· 3 cloves garlic, minced or sliced
· 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
· 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
· 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl, mix oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and potatoes together.
3. Spread the potatoes onto a greased baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake about 40 minutes, or until golden brown (turn after about 20 mins to bake both sides).
5. HAPPY EATING!!
NB: If you want you could bake the fries with out the garlic then fry the garlic in about 1table spoon of olive oil then toss the baked fries in the oil. This gives a bit of a different intensity of the garlic flavor.