Mangoes!!! Where to start? I love them, especially in the months of December to around February when they are in season and they are incredibly cheap and most times very sweet. So over the next couple of weeks I will try to incorporate them in many of my dishes. I had this salad for supper last night, I loved it. It was a very quick meal. I marinated the meat for about a half hour went about my business and when it came to the actual cooking it took me less than 10 minutes. I also used the marinade as a dressing and it was DELISH!!!! HAPPY COOKING
Thai-style Beef and Mango Salad
- 450g of steak (eg sirloin or fillet, I used fillet)
- 45ml garlic-infused olive oil ( if you do not have this you can use regular oilive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic ( if you do not have the garlic infused oil)
- 45ml teriyaki/ soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ground black pepper and salt
- 2 mangoes, peeled, stoned and finely sliced
- small bunch of dhania
- Put the oil, garlic, teriyaki/ soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and mix.
- Put in the steak and make sure it is fully coated in the marinade. Marinate for at least 10 minutes, 2 hours in a covered bowl in the fridge is ideal
- Heat a pan and place the steak on it. Cook for 3-5 minutes each side depending on how done you want the steak to be.
- Transfer the steak to a bowl and let it rest for about two minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the marinade in the pan, cook it for a few seconds then remove it from the heat.
- Thinly slice the steak and arrange on four serving plates with the mangoes. Drizzle over the pan juices to serves.
- If you want the steak to cook faster you can slice the meat before marinating it.
- Use mangoes that are ripe but still firm