A couple of my readers have been urging me to post a few healthier recipes once in a while seeing as they are all trying to loose some weight. According to my cousin Ciku its time for operation nyorosha tumbo (flatten stomach). I tend to love green salads. Unfortunately for you guys I did not mix this one, I bought the premixed out available in the fresh food section of Nakumatt, they sell it for Ksh.99/=. I think they mix baby spinach and romaine lettuce, it is great. If you do not want to buy the premixed one you can make your own using lettuce, rocket, baby spinach etc. I then added one tomato, grated half a large carrot and sliced half a small onion into it. I reckon it’s quite a healthy meal save for the fact that I am obsessed with 1000 island dressing so I used that. I think it would be just as great with the healthier and less fatty dressing.
The chicken is about 270 cal per serving and it tastes great. The biggest advantage to it is how fast it is to make, I came from the office yesterday at around 6.05pm I sliced the chicken mixed up the marinade and chicken and was of to work out by 6.15. Came back at 7.30pm put it in the oven hit the shower and by the time I was out dinner was ready :-). HAPPY COOKING!!
- 500g chicken breast fillet
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 80ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green salad (pre made)
- Slice put the breast fillet into strips
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Place the breast into the bowl and mix up.
- At this point you can place it in the fridge to marinate or cook immediately
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until tenderloins are tender ( when I make enough just for me about 10 mins is enough)
- Serve with the green salad
NB: You can swap the coriander for oregano if you wish. Many people say chicken goes well with oregano but i honestly can not stand that herb but I guess you can always try it for yourself.