Bananas are one of my favourite fruits or even food, what I like most about this recipe is that it helps us use up over ripe banana’s that you would normally throw out. If you do not have time to bake just before they go bad. Peel them and freeze them, when your ready to bake bring them to room temperature before using them. I do not remember where I got my first recipe for banana bread but I adopted this one from Crafty Café HAPPY BAKING!!
Makes 1 loaf.
· 3 very ripe medium sized bananas
· 1/2 cup butter or margarine (preferably unsalted)
· 1 ½ cup flour
· ½ cup sugar
· 2 eggs
· ¼ cup buttermilk (to make your own go to this link)
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease your loaf pan
2. Chop up the bananas and butter
3. Out in a bowl and using an electric beater mix up till they are all chopped up and mushy
4. Next add all the other ingredients one at a time, ensure it well combined
5. you can add walnuts or chocolate chip cookies if you want (about a ½ cup)
6. pulse till just combines
7. Put batter into prepared tin
8. Bake for 55-60mins until a toothpick comes out clean
9. Cool, serve
10. HOW EASY IS THAT!!
11. HAPPY EATING!!
pulse 10 seconds- just until incorporated
Optional- add in 1/2 cup walnut pieces or 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Pulse 2-3 times.
Turn batter out into the prepared pan.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked throughout and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely before serving.