• 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda/
• 2 eggs
• 280ml butter milk ( buy from super market or alternatively see separate post on how to make your own)
• 4 tbsp milk
• 85g melted butter
• level tsp of cinnamon
• 2 small medium eating apples, peeled, cored and grated
• butter or oil for frying.
• Maple syrup to serve
FOR CINNAMON BUTTER
• 85g softened salted butter
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
1. To make cinnamon butter mix all ingredients and wrap in cling film, shape into a log and chill.
2. Sift the flour.
3. Mix the flour, bicarb, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle then slowly whisk in the eggs, followed by the butter milk, milk and melted butter. Once mixture is smooth, stir in the grated apples.
4. Melt a little butter in a pan or pour a little oil. When hot, add 1-3 small ladles of batter to the pan making 1-3 small pancakes (this will depend on the size of your pan)
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it bubbles appear and the underneath are set and golden. Flip and cook for a few more minutes
6. Transfer to a plate and cover. You can place in a warm oven to keep them warm
7. To serve stack pancakes on a plate, top with a knob of the cinnamon butter and drizzle with maple syrup.